Timber Flooring and Decking. Everything from Blackbutt to Grey Ironbark
Select from a timber type below to view its details or compare the range here
|North Coast Blackbutt|
|Western QLD Spotted Gum|
|Coastal Spotted Gum|
|QLD Red Ironbark|
|Sydney Blue Gum|
|American white oak|
• All species (New and Recycled)
• Treads and stringers (Able to laminate to any width)
• Handrails as clients specifies
• Allow lead time
• Species (Tallowwood, Spotted gum, Ironbark, Jarrah, Blackbutt, Merbau, Kwilia)
• Width (64mm x 180mm)
• Pencil round Profile
• In stock
Does all decking go grey? Yes
Ultra violet sucks out the colour from the timber. Red colour timber will be sucked quicker i.e Merbau and Red Ironbark decking than from Tallowwood, Spotted Gum or Blackbutt Decking.
To retain natural colour a clear ultraviolet timber protection has to be applied every 6 months.
Untreated Decking starts to grey off from 6 months.
Why does decking bleed?
Decking bleeds because the timber cell structure is protecting itself by throwing out sap, the timber cells believe that they are still alive.
A timber water repellent product can be applied which will slow the process.
If the timber is untreated sap will be excreted up till 6 to 9 months, increased when the timber gets wet.
Oxalic Acid (derivative from the root of a spinach plant) can be used to remove sap from tiles or cement.
Garo Garo, Red and White Mahogany and Western Red Cedar appear to do bleeding before going onto site.
Apply a decking oil to decking every 12 months to maintain integrity of the timber.
• Species (All durability Class 1 and 2 species)
• As client specifies
• Allow lead time
"OVERLAY WIDE BOARD FLOORING"
Overlay Wide Board is designed for direct fixing to plywood and particle board, to be secretly fixed with adhesives and mechanical fixings.
Why it differs to standard profile wide board flooring.
1)Wide Board Overlay has been specifically straightened and is manufactured to shorter lengths to provide a straighter bow and less spring.
2) Wide Board Overlay with its more precise manufacturing processes provides a product that is less prone to cupping and movement at manufacture.
3) Wide Board overlay has the tongue and groove machined off centre to provide the same wear thickness as standard profile wide boards.
4) Wide Board Overlay milled to secret nail profile.
Advantages of Wideborad Overlay
1) Height, only 14mm thickness and is able to be glue directly to concrete or existing floor.
2) Less acclimation required.
3) No top nailing required
4) Future sanding possible due to wear layer.
Overlay Flooring is available in sizes from 130-180 wide & 14mm thick in varying timber species Blackbutt, Blue Gum, Spotted Gum and Grey Ironbark.
Varying grades are available in certain species, Select grade Grey Ironbark & Blue Gum only, Rustic Grade Blackbutt, Standard Grade Blackbutt, Blue Gum & Spotted Gum.
TIMBER FLOATING FLOOR
• Timber floating floor relates to a floor that simply rests on a thin foam underlay
• Species (Brushbox, Blackbutt, grey ironbark, jarrah, Northern Beech, Spotted Gum, Red Ironbark, Tallowwood, turpentine)
• 80 x 85mm to 10 x 13mm (widths & thickness vary depending on species)
• 2 Weeks
OVERLAY TIMBER FLOOR
• Timber engineered floor is constructed in a special cross-ply configuration making it extremely stable.
• The overlay floor has a full 3.6mm solid timber wear layer, which is laid up on 11mm structural plywood. The extra thick wear layer means you can sand and re-coat for many years.
• Overlay flooring can be installed directly over concrete
• As pre-finished in most case an average sized room can be completed within one day.
• Species (Blackwood, Brushbox, Jarrah, Jatoba, Kempas, Merbau, Red Gum, teak parquetry, Victorian ash)
• 90mm x 14mm to 135mm to 14mm
• 2 weeks
• Nash Timbers offers all the right solution for you
• Batons (Kiln and dried, Any size)
• Ply (Any size)
• Bearers and joists (Suitable for all flooring and decking applications, any sizes)
• Acoustics Flooring (Soundproofing underlay flooring and soundproofing glue)
Back to our timber flooring homepage